Jim writes: My 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 was probably a Mr. Norm's built car that was sold from Grand Spalding Dodge in 1965.
The Dodge's history before Jim bought the 500:
* Mostly solid, the 1965 sat parked in a tow yard for 25 years or more; it was scheduled for crushing when that yard went out of business.
* A previous owner purchased the Mopar for $450; the date is unknown, but before 2005.
* The data tag confirms the 500 was built as a 426 / 365 horsepower car / factory automatic car.
* The hood and 426 engine were missing.
* A 4.89 rear end was present.
The Dodge is now restored and features a 426 street wedge, TorqueFlite, heater delete, no radio, 11 inch brakes and 15 inch steel wheels.
Mr. Norm's Sport Club
Norm Kraus Biography
The History of Grand Spaulding Dodge and Mr. Norm (video)
That is a great Dodge with a fascinating history!
DRAFT Version: February 6, 2023
Go back to the 1962 to 1965 Mopar Web Site Home Page.